One-stop sourcing for chair parts & designs
We work hand in hand with our customers’ engineering and design departments to determine the best parts and materials needed to fabricate their chosen chair designs. We understand that quality chair parts result in quality chairs, which is why we work only with the best, most reliable manufacturers. We can even outsource custom sewing services, for those difficult to stitch fabrics and components.
Product Specification Phase:
- Working with our clients’ designers and engineers, we translate performance criteria and sketches into specifications, compliance requirements and drawings.
- We send this information to our suppliers for an initial assessment of manufacturability and quoting. Our manufacturers determine if they can produce the design reliably and at the lowest possible cost to meet the performance criteria. Then they provide a quote.
- If we identify opportunities for design improvement through this process, we discuss and evaluate these with the client for feasibility, cost and timing, and we then update the specifications and drawings before obtaining final quotes.
- After acceptance of a quote, our manufacturers deliver prototype samples for trial, feedback and approval. If any production tooling is needed, it is created once prototypes are accepted.
- Our client’s quality control and standards compliance needs are managed by the factory with third-party testing as required. This is done by our manufacturers, as well as by North American test labs (e.g. Intertek).
- In many cases, our clients will visit our supplier’s facilities to witness first production runs and validate for themselves the quality of the manufacturing, testing and packaging.
- Where required, all components and completed chairs are tested to meet the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association’s (BIFMA) standards with full test results provided.
We can source any chair parts for you. Speak to our experts about your particular needs.
Our fabrication capabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Metal stamping, turning and extrusions
- Plastic injection molding and extrusions
- CNC machining and finishing of metal and plastic components
- Custom sewing of seats and chair backs in suede, leather, cloth and high-performance mesh materials
- Chrome plating, Anodizing, Powder Coating and Painting of metal and plastic components
Items custom sourced and fabricated
We can custom source any chair parts for you, including:
- Chair casters
- Gas lifts
- PU arms and arm pads
- Cover cans, paddles, levers, brackets
- Chair bases
- Specialty components
- And more
We can also source complete chairs. Examples include:
- Metal waiting room chairs
- Stackable lunchroom chairs
- Metal frame/plastic back chairs
- One-piece plastic injection moulded children’s chairs and stools
- Metal and gas-lift adjustable bar stools for residential, commercial or industrial use
- Dental and barber chairs
- Heavy duty bariatric chairs (up to 700lbs of weight)