Multiple sources for built-to-order metal products
We source from metal fabricators across Asia that can custom build to print just about anything, even if new tooling is required. We have been sourcing from our network of suppliers for decades, and over the years our customers have come to trust us for innovative ideas and advice. We have consistently delivered products that have exceeded quality and costing expectations. We are flexible in accommodating our customers’ needs, from trial run programs and feasibility testing to large, complex order runs that last for years.
Product Specification Phase:
- The customer comes to us with their sourcing requirement, which may be a concept and sketch, sample or prototype or a detailed fabrication drawing with production quantities and delivery timelines.
- Our team works with the customer to develop their specifications or assess their product design for manufacturability, with input from our supplier network.
- Our suppliers respond with tooling scope, production capacity and suggestions where appropriate for production optimization. Once the requirement is defined, a quotation is provided within 2-4 business days.
- If customer samples exist, they are provided to our selected suppliers for evaluation to accelerate the process.
- If customer samples do not exist, our suppliers will provide samples of their comparable products so the customer can confirm manufacturing capabilities and finish quality.
- In cases where special tooling is required, pre-production samples are provided for customer sign-off and acceptance.
- Comtrad’s rigorous supplier approval and audit process ensures that products are delivered on time and in compliance with customer specifications, local regulations and applicable quality standards.
- Comtrad also works with respected global, third-party testing agencies for further compliance verification where required by our customers or local regulators.
- Inventory availability and delivery flexibility are key to the success of most custom metal working projects.
- Comtrad works with its customers to establish and maintain strict delivery timelines. Whether the requirement is for direct shipment or stocking programs, single purchase or inventory replenishment based on just-in-time forecasts, Comtrad can handle it all, and takes the risk out of overseas sourcing in the process.
We are experts at sourcing metal fabricated components. Speak to our sourcing specialists about your particular needs.
Fabrication & finishing capabilities
Our fabrication and finishing capabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Metal stamping
- Roll forming
- Steel tubing
- Steel/Zinc/Aluminum/Magnesium die casting
- Aluminum extrusion
- Powder coating
- Chrome plating
- Galvanizing and Zinc plating
Items custom built to print
We can source and build to print custom metal products, for a wide range of applications.
- Barn door hardware
- Shelving components and closet systems
- Custom metal frames for:
- Coffee and night tables
- Chairs, beds and desks
- Stamped and rolled steel hardware components for garage door systems
- Machined aluminum structural components for the trucking industry
- Custom zinc die cast drawer pulls